ONTrac at Peter Mac has paediatric, adolescent & young adult oncologists experienced in the management of AYA cancers. While they provide direct care to some young people, they also work along side other adult oncologists and haematologists to ensure the most appropriate treatment plans for young people are provided.
ONTrac at Peter Mac also has an AYA Palliative Care Fellow and access to an Adolescent Health Physician who attends the weekly multidisciplinary team meetings.
ONTrac at Peter Mac has a broad range of psychosocial support staff accessible to young people, their parents, partners and peers. There are psychologists, social workers and family counsellors, music & art therapists. They provide a range of services including:
- Comprehensive assessments
- Individual, family & group counselling
- Support to assist a young person through the treatment process
- Legal & financial assistance
- Fertility & sexual health advice
- Support groups
- Community referrals
- Information, resources, including internet sites and extended services
- Survivorship support
ONTrac at Peter Mac provides a range of services to young people living with cancer who are attending school, university, TAFE or are employed. Our Education & Vocation Advisor provides the following services:
ONTrac at Peter Mac also has access to a range of allied health services including occupational therapy, physiotherapy, speech therapy and dietetics.
- School and education planning
- School visits
- Employment guidance and support
- Education programs for schools and tertiary settings
- AYA education workshops and short courses